Recipe for crispy pork feet with Oporto wine and with calçots and cuttlefish
In the time of calçots, Casa Félix is in its splendor. The restaurant is filled with the smell of fresh calçots being grilled and tradition is breathed in the atmosphere. Talking about calçotades is talking about tradition, more than 50 years offering authentic calçotades from Valls, with the home-made romesco sauce between black pudding, lamb meat and seasonal artichokes accompanied by delicious sautéed beans and a good glass of wine .
However, in the calçots season at Restaurante Félix we offer different dishes of traditional Catalan cuisine with a touch of modernity with calçots. One of the dishes with calçots that you can taste is the «Crispy pork feet in port with calçots and cuttlefish«. And now, you can prepare this dish with calçots at home. We leave you the recipe of our chef below.
- 2 slices of pork feet
- 1 fresh cuttlefish
- 2 calçots
- Oporto wine
Steps to follow:
- While we heat the pan with a little oil, we chop the cuttlefish and the calçot. The calçot must be previously cooked, and we set it aside.
- Once the pan is very hot, we put the two slices of pork feet and we just mark them a little over low heat and then remove them.
- In the same pan, add a drizzle of oil, fry the cuttlefish and set it aside.
- We add the calçots with a little more oil. We stir, add the port sauce and flambé it.
- Boil the pig’s feet with broth (to choose the taste) until they are just right.
- We include a cup of the broth, with which we have boiled the pig’s feet, and we are adding the rest of the seasonings; cuttlefish and calçots.
- We reduce everything until it is consistent and finally we add the pig’s feet again.
Now we can plate!
To plate it, it can be done in different ways following personal taste. At Casa Félix we usually separate a few pieces of cuttlefish to pass them only through the pan and also a calçot in tempura. In this way we have a plate with calçot of two textures, causing a very interesting contrast on the plate.
Once done, we start to plate it. First we put as a base the cuttlefish and the calçots combined with the port sauce. Next we add the two slices of crispy pork feet and add the cuttlefish pieces on top. Finally, we put the calçot in tempura on top of everything.
And you’re ready to enjoy it!
With just a few steps, you already have at home a plate with very good calçots, with different textures of calçot and with great pleasure for the days you want a different dish! And, if you don’t feel like preparing it, reserve a table at the restaurant or at our hotel in Tarragona and ask for the dish made by our chef! You can do it through our website, by calling 977 60 13 50.
We will be delighted to see you!